The Baton Rouge Growth Coalition is an organization dedicated to good growth in East Baton Rouge Parish and the Greater Baton Rouge area. Our organization was established to ensure a level playing field for real estate professionals such as land developers, builders, land development engineers, realtors, architects and all other related fields.
What We Do
- Educate the press and the general public on the dollar value of growth to municipalities
- Directly assist growth professionals involved in development in the Greater Baton Rouge Area
- Continually build on the success of the annual Good Growth Awards
- Meet with the Mayor on a monthly basis
- Work with the Planning Commission Staff and Metro Council to seat qualified citizens on the Planning and Zoning Commission
- Develop important associations with members of the Metro Council and Planning Commission to update and educate them on the concerns of our industry
- Serve on numerous committees to draft or amend ordinances included in the Unified Development Code
- Keep our members abreast of our current endeavors and any breaking news in our industry through e-mail newsletters.
How Do We Achieve Our Goals?
We Achieve Our Goals Through Work on the Following Committees:
- DPW Liaison Committee
- Planning Commission Liaison Committee
- Metro Council Liaison Committee
- Membership Committee
- Good Growth Awards Committee